Behind the Blog

Initially, I called this blog the "Build With Me Blog" because "build with me" was the request that I heard the most often from my two year old daughter. While the blog and my own DUPLO builds started out as something that I could do with my daughter, it has evolved into something more for me. While we most definitely still build together, we also now build in parallel.



Thursday, October 4, 2012

Creepies and Crawlies: Snail

DUPLO Snail
Since Bella and I were making lots of creepies and crawlies, I thought it would be fun to try and build a snail. I did not anticipate how difficult the shell would be for me and how weirdly obsessed I would become with it! For some reason, unknown to even me, I really wanted the shell to have a spiral in it. Bella didn't care and, to be perfectly honest, became bored with my seemingly endless constructions and then destructions of snail shells. She only came back to build with me when we put the snail in a grass garden and added flowers. She really went to town with the flowers. She told me that she was building a zinnia garden like the one we planted together this past summer.
DUPLO Snail in a Grass Garden
    Though you probably can't tell from the picture, I really tried to form a spiral with the bricks, and the resulting shell is hollow. I wish I had thought to take a picture of a cross section of the shell! I just thought of that as I am writing this post.
   If anyone out there has built a spiral in any of their DUPLO or LEGO creations, I would love to see it!






DUPLO Snail Top View
Snail in Bella's Zinnia Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment